WELCOME TO THE FOOD & FITNESS BLOG OF CHARLOTTE ORR

In this blog you'll see me walking our dog, weight training, and eating lots of the food I love.

I hope you'll join me on my journey.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bathroom Renovation - Complete

Come in, let me show you around…

The first thing you see on entering the bathroom is the basin. The shower screen is to the right:P1010016

The shower screen is hinged so it can be pushed to one side when it’s not in use, to make the room seem bigger:

P1010009

The shower head is on a rail, so it’s height adjustable. It’s also detachable and on a hose, so you can use it to clean the bath and shower area (or the dog):P1010007

There’s a recessed shelf to keep our soap and shampoo in:P1010004

And a ‘soaker’ bath (extra deep and extra wide):P1010015

 

Before and After Pics

Originally the shower was the first thing you saw when you entered the bathroom:bathroom 2

Now the basin is the first thing you see. You might be able to spot the little panel heater just behind the door in the pic below. It has a timer on it so it’s set to come on before we get up in the morning so we have a nice warm bathroom:

bathroom 2 after

We used to have to walk to the end of the bathroom to get to the vanity. The space was narrow and you could only fit one person in the bathroom at at time:bathroom 3

Now the bath is at the end of the room where the vanity used to be:bathroom 3 after

The space is much more user-friendly now. Rob and I can both use the bathroom at the same time, and there’s even a spot for TJ:

P1010001

We also had the toilet renovated, with new floor tiles to match the bathroom, and a new toilet suite. I also painted the toilet, as it used to be green and white, like the hall wall to the right in the pic below. Changing that is my next job…

toilet

12 comments:

Michelle Carlyon said...

Looks great!

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Michelle!

Magda said...

Wow!! What an amazing improvement. Well worth your hard work.

M

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Magda!

Maryanne said...

Thanks for the pics - I have been visiting lots waiting for the photos to arrive. I LOVE it and I hope you do too.

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Maryanne - I'm pretty happy with it!

Lia Halsall said...

Bathroom looks great Charlotte. Very clean lines not to mention functional too. Good work! :) xxx

Charlotte Orr said...

Thank you Lia!

Sandra said...

A bit late to the party but I love it! Looks so sleek and easy to clean :)

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Sandra - it's MUCH easier to clean!

anh hai said...

so nice

Daphne Dumaug said...

Great!...congrats ♥ it :)